Saturday, July 3, 2010

Remember these guys?

This may seem like a strange entry into the McCoskery photos, but this is one of my first and, sadly, only memories of Grandma McCoskery. I vividly remember the sound of these skaters and skiers falling on the glass top of a table in Grandma and Uncle's apartment. In the photo of the Christmas tree in the attached album, you can just barely see the little village set up under the tree. Another memory that comes drifting back when I see photos of this particular apartment is the smell of Uncle's cigar smoke. Anyone else remember that? Also, in the photo of Don, Gene and Auntie, did you notice the glass elves on the coffee table? They all had names (in my little girl brain), but I can't remember what they were! All of the album photos are of the McCoskerys in the 40s and early 50s.
Enjoy! And happy Fourth of July!

No comments:

Post a Comment